Information Technology Management (Accelerated) / Bachelor of Science
Total Credit Hours: 128
Major Credit Hours: 55
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management degree is designed to engage students in an integrated and innovative curriculum grounded in practical competencies needed in the dynamic field of IT. This program offers a combination of technical and managerial expertise that will prepare students to work in a variety of business environments with a sharp understanding of the industry’s strategic objectives and management practices.
Unique elements of the program include:
- Hands-on curriculum that focuses on essential Information Technology skills such as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management, Data Networks and Cloud Computing.
- Option to complete the coursework online or on-campus.
- Elective options for students focusing on careers in IT Services Management and Information Security.
- Capstone course that enables a student to apply skills learned in the various courses to develop a business plan for an Information Technology start-up business.
- Students can use their IT entrepreneurship business plans to demonstrate their competencies and skills to potential employers.
Program Entrance Requirements
To be admitted, adult students should have earned a minimum of 30 semester hours of transferable credit at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution which includes College Writing 1 (or equivalent); have earned a minimum of 2.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative transfer grade point average (higher for some majors) based upon all transferable courses; demonstrate evidence of significant work experience or military training; write a personal statement outlining a plan for achieving success in an adult accelerated program at Lewis University.
Degree Requirements for BS in Information Technology Management
- Successful completion of a minimum of 128 semester credit hours.
- Completion of final 32 semester graded credit hours at Lewis University including four upper division foundation courses and/or major courses (12 semester credit hours.)
- Achievement of an overall grade point average of at least 2.00 (“C”) for all courses taken at Lewis University and a 2.20 average for the foundation and major area courses.
I. General Education (45)
Two Mission-related courses must be taken at Lewis
II. Core Courses (31)
ECON 20000: will satisfy General Education Social Science
MGSC 23000: will satisfy General Education Mathematics
III. Major Courses (15)
IV. Select Three of the Following Courses (9)
V. Advanced Writing Requirement
The advanced writing requirement of the General Education curriculum is satisfied by successful completion of:
|BSAD-30000||Business Communication in the Digital Age||