Official Withdrawal from a Course

Once registration is complete, all registered students will receive grades for courses in which they are enrolled. A student who is unable to complete a course may withdraw and receive a grade of “W.” Because students may not have an accurate idea of their current grade, they should consult with both their instructor and their advisor before withdrawing from a course. To withdraw from a course, the student must complete a Withdrawal Form from the Office of the Registrar.

A student cannot withdraw from a course simply by ceasing attendance in a course. A student who ceases attendance in a course without completing a Withdrawal Form will earn a grade of “F.”

Withdrawal from courses with the grade of “W” is allowed through five-eighths of a course. (Through the tenth week for 16 week courses; through the fifth week for eight week courses.) Withdrawal involves the loss of tuition and credit hours and may change the student’s status from full-time to part-time.