Coursework Away From Lewis

Once students have matriculated at Lewis University they may take courses at other colleges and universities to transfer back to Lewis only with the prior written approval of the dean of the college. Only grades of “C” or higher will transfer. In any case, the last 32 hours of credit applied toward graduation, including at least four upper-division courses in the major and two upper-division courses in the minor, must be taken at Lewis University. A maximum of 72 total semester hours of community college credit will be accepted for transfer. Ordinarily, once a student has matriculated, no transfer courses will be accepted for the major requirements. Exceptions require the approval of the department chairperson, as well as the dean of the college. There is a charge for posting these credits. Forms and further information can be obtained from the office of the appropriate dean.