Repeated Courses

Any course taken in the University may be repeated for a higher grade, except those restricted by a major department or a college. Both courses and grades will appear on the permanent record, but only the most recent grade (whether higher or lower than the previous grade) and its corresponding hours attempted, hours earned, and quality points will be honored. The most recent course attempt is used for determining progress toward graduation; the prior attempt is ignored. Credit will be given only once for the course. The grades W or I on the second attempt do not replace the previous grade.